Pages

About Me

My photo
Bethlehem, New Hampshire, United States
E-mail contact: randonneur8@yahoo.com | Facebook: facebook.com/1HappyHikerNH

Text Above Search Box

SEARCH MY BLOG USING TEXT BOX SEEN BELOW:

28 October 2019

Colorful Autumn Foliage in Crawford Notch, NH


INTRODUCTION: 

In mid-October 2019, the autumn foliage in Crawford Notch, NH was at its peak color.  To get an overview of these colors, I did a steep off-trail trek to a huge granite slab on the eastern slope of Mt. Willey.  In the winter months, this slab develops a thick layer of ice and is often frequented by ice-climbers.

The slab is labeled in red at bottom/left of the Google Earth image shown below.


PHOTOS:
 




BONUS PHOTO:


3 comments:

One Day in America said...

Thanks, John, for continuing to supply fall color photos for those of us in need!
Very nice!

1HappyHiker said...

Hi Rita,

Further regarding the autumn season, here is one of my favorite quotes. It’s attributed to the English novelist, poet, and journalist George Eliot, and it reads as follows:
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns."

John

One Day in America said...

The George Eliot quote is wonderful. I wholeheartedly agree!