Pages

About Me

My photo
Bethlehem, New Hampshire, United States
E-mail contact: randonneur8@yahoo.com | Facebook: facebook.com/1HappyHikerNH

Text Above Search Box

SEARCH MY BLOG USING TEXT BOX SEEN BELOW:

04 August 2019

Hiking Adventure to a Plateau along the Nelson Crag Trail


INTRODUCTION: 

It’s a bit of a dilemma as to how to characterize this hike.😏  My simple goal was to reach a plateau along the Nelson Crag Trail just below the point where the trail meets the Mt. Washington Auto Road near Mile Post 5.  Perhaps a “particularly peculiar” hike would be most apt description for this adventure?πŸ˜ƒ

Anyway, I’d recalled seeing this plateau along the Nelson Crag Trail a few years ago when traveling along the Auto Road with family.  I finally got around to hiking up to it, and was quite pleased with the views, and the overall hike.


PHOTOS:














2 comments:

One Day in America said...

John, I like the way you see a destination and then decide to hike to it! This one was certainly worth the trek. The views are astounding and the rocky slopes are interesting.
Another nice post!

1HappyHiker said...

Rita, thanks for your kind words about this and my other postings.

Yes, when looking at satellite views, topo maps, etc, there are many off-trail places that I see as possible destinations. I will give anything a try if it appears to be compatible with my abilities, and can be done as a day hike.

John